My language was entirely in check all day but that is because I didn't talk to anyone. As soon as I began interacting with other human beings it all fell apart. I will try again today to remember that I can communicate effectively without bad language. That is my mantra.
Lastly, I went to Trader Joe's to get my soap that I love and some other various things I can only get there and I was noticing while I was there that everyone is much happier at TJ's than at, say, Pavillions. I am talking about the customers mostly because the Pavillions I go to, the employees are actually very nice and helpful- but the people shopping there are kinda grouchy and rude 8 out of 10 times. But not at good ol' Trader Joe's. Over there the people say hello and excuse me if they walk in front of you or need to get by you and everyone is smiling. It is so nice. It makes me wonder... does everyone feel that they are expected to have a hippie-ish, everybody love everybody demeanor BECAUSE they are at TJ's? OR is it that most people who shop at TJs are eating healthy things that nourish their bodies instead of whoppers, which makes them more balanced and happy? Whatever it is, it is lovely. Then as I was happily and slowly pulling out of my parking spot this car comes speeding into the parking lot and even though I am already half way out of my spot he doesn't wait. He swerves quickly around me and pulls into a spot a few spots away from me and I thought to myself 'I want him OUT! He doesn't belong here in this happy and peaceful place' Maybe Trader Joe's should be members only like Costco. But you have to fill out a survey about your personality instead of just paying a membership fee. Then we can keep this kind of riff-raff out.
A quick glossary in case anyone reads this besides my mom.
Me- Cassandra- 33, mother of 2, daughter of 1, kind of step daughter of 1, sister of 4 (3 brothers and 1 sister-in-law), aunt of 4, girlfriend of 1, friend of a handful.
Children- Noah (13) Jeremiah (10)
Mom- Mom
Sort of step dad- Frank
Brothers- Travis, Ben, Tim
Sister- Debbie
Nieces and Nephews- Elijah, Alannah, Ryan, Shannon
Boyfriend- Steve
Friends- You will learn as we go
Spaghetti Night at mom's house was wonderful. (Spaghetti Night is every Wednesday with the whole family) Everyone played Taboo and laughed and chatted until almost 10pm! Frank was making me laugh because we had to twist his arm to play but then he was addicted and didn't want to stop. Alannah was making me laugh because we had to practically tie her hands under the table or she describes things entirely with hand gestures. The girl should learn sign language- I bet she would be good at it! Fun night.
No comments:
Post a Comment